Advertisement: Wanted a stenographer; well-experienced; having a speed of 50 words per minute in typing and 150 words per minute in shorthand. Pay according to qualifications and experience. Apply sharp.
The Mall, Lahore.
15th Oct, 20..
The General Manager,
XYZ Lane, Multan.
I in response to the advertisement published in the “Nawa-e-Waqt” dated the 6th oct 20… inviting applications form qualified stenographers for the post of a stenographer in your esteemed Newspapers establishment, I wish to offer my services as one of the candidates for that job and adduce below my Bio-Data as required by you.
1. Name in full: ABC DEF
2. Address: House # X-X, XYZ Town, Multan.
3. Age and date of birth: 26 years, 16th September 1986.
4. Academic Qualifications:
Examination Year Division
I. B.A 2006 2nd
II. Intermediate 2004 1st
III. Matriculation 2002 1st
5. Technical Qualifications: (i) Passed my Stenography test after two years of consistent training from the IIT Multan in 2008 and topped the class having a speed of 65 words per minute in typing and 160 words in short-handed.
(ii) Undertook a tour of numerous cities around Multan and specially in DG Khan for one year at the expense of my erstwhile employer.
6. Special Aptitudes: (i) Writing of scripts for the dramas, some of which are published.
(ii) Reading of dramas of English Dramatists and producing my own.
7. Testimonials: Duly attested copies of testimonials and certificates pertaining to matriculation, intermediate and B.A examinations and Merit Certificates for writing a drama staged in a school function are annexed herewith. A copy of my character certificate is appended herewith.
8. Expected pay and emoluments: Whenever I am called for an interview, I will be ready to negotiate it. However, any suitable scale suits me.
9. Any other particulars: My dramas are published. I won merit certificates in games.
Should you be kind enough to appoint me, I shall try my level best to render entire satisfaction to you.
I beg to remin Sir,
Your most obedient servant,