Get Job Description of Head of Department Of Any Subject / Department. We have not mentioned any details for the subject relevancy, you may add these up later.
Job Description of Head of Department Of Any Subject / Department:
- To look after the affairs of the department.
- To monitor proper functioning of classes.
- To ensure the conduct of the test on monthly basis.
- To submit report on weekly / monthly basis about students / teacher progress.
- To ensure the presence of teachers besides teaching work when required.
- To ensure co-curricular activities regarding their respective departments.
- To work as liaison officer between staff and administration.
- To send the attendance of the students on monthly basis.
- Ensure compliance of time table according to academic calendar.
- Checking of student’s attendance register of their department at the end of month.
- Assurance of regularity and punctuality of the staff.
- Promotion of co-curricular activities within their department.
- Arrangement of substitute teacher during leave period of teacher of their respective department.
- Guidance & supervision of paper settings of their subjects for term test.
- Random checking of the marking of term tests of different teachers.
- Collecting students absentees list from faculty members to fine of strike off from the roll according to the rules and submit the list to the office examination department.
- Provide proper facilitation in the concerned laboratories in libraries.
- To make sure all facilities available in the department in working order (audio-visual aid, lab equipment, reading material in soft of hard copy).
- Counseling of students.
- To maintain the stock register if applicable.
- Ensure that all the teachers have submitted the lecture shortage statements by 5th of the month.
- The teachers have conducted the monthly tests according to schedule besides the results are submitted to the head within three days of the conduct of examination.
- Arrange domain / subject related seminars for teachers / students.
- Distributing the academic task / work load according to time table to the faculty members of their relevant department.
- Supervising the class room teaching according to the assigned time table and ensure regularity and punctuality.
- To maintain a complete record of the syllabus and submit a weekly report of topics covered by each teacher to vice principal.
- Checking the attendance register of each class / section of monthly basis duly verifying the attendance position of the students.
- Maintenance the record of internal house examination and class room test.
- To arrange parents teacher meeting after 2 months of continuous study period and at least 2 weeks before the December tests, so that the parents are well and timely informed of the academic performance of their children.
- Surprise visits of the classes.
- Should float teacher’s evaluation performance among students.