Principal / Dean are the major part of organizational unit of any universty or college, below is the sample Job description of the Principal.
Sample Job Description Format of Principal (College / University):
- Proper utilization of grants in time, purchased from student’s funds, dealing with all kind of financial matters strictly according to the rules and regulation of the Government of the Punjab.
- Random physical checking of college and class room activities daily.
- Preparation of development schemes for up-gradation and other facilities.
- Monitoring at each step and being well informed about the projects / schemes carried out by the executing agencies.
- Submission of SNE’s
- Submission of dak / reports to the concerned authorities.
- Management and supervision of all the administrative tasks related to staff management and welfare of students.
- Having cordial relationship with employees and public.
- He should ensure that the security measures taken in the college are foolproof.
- He should check all stock registers, accounts register and cash books pertaining to the government and college account.
- To maintain the academic atmosphere in the college.
- To maintain internal examination system.
- To protect the college from interference of so called students leaders / foreign elements.
- Must take normal classes per schedule.
- Check the maintenance of the college building and property i.e. furniture and other property of the college.
- Check performance of ministerial and miscellaneous staff.
- Ensure the attendance of all staff and students.
- Implementation of government policies / orders.
- Ensure regular conduct of classes.
- Ensure regular conduct of co-curricular extra curriculum activities.
- Should devise effective monitoring and accountability mechanism of staff.
- There should be a principal’s complaint cell.
- Arrange inter-college competitions.