S5360 Hard Reset
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 Firmware:
- Now you have the stuff that you need for S5360 Hard Reset.
- Make sure that you back up the phone contacts, memory card data etc.
- Secondly, you need the Samsung USB driver that can be found easily online by searching on the great search engine Google.
- REMEMBER, We are talking about hard reset not the Update via Samsung Kies. We are using Samsung Kies only for the driver installation purposes.
- Verify Driver Installation of Samsung Galaxy Y S5360
- Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look under Universal Serial Bus Controllers and you should find your phone appear as Samsung Mobile USB Composite Device
- If it looks fine now you may start the firmware / Hard Reset process for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360.
- Switch off your phone and enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding
- VOLUME DOWN + HOME + POWER BUTTON
- You will see the Odin Mode
Once the drivers are installed, Extract ODIN’s zip file and put it in a folder commonly on Desktop. Similarly extract the Firmware Package and put it in another folder. Upon extracting the Firmware Package you should get 3 main files whose names start with CSC, MODEM and PDA
Now go to ODIN’s extracted folder and run ODIN, under ID:COM box in ODIN you should see something like 0:[COM#] where # is any number and if the box is blank it means that ODIN can’t find your phone and something is wrong. It should be green/yellow.
Leave all the selections to their default unless you know what you’re doing
- Give PDA File to the PDA by click on the PDA button.
- Similarly click on PHONE button and browse to the file starting with MODEM in the extracted Firmware Package.
- Similarly click on CSC button and browse to the file starting with CSC in the extracted Firmware Package.
- Now that all the files are selected click on the START button to begin flashing and wait for it to finish
- The process should take a few minutes or less to complete and if there are any errors they will be shown in the message box.
S5360 Hard Reset With S5360 Firmware Reset will see something like this.
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> PDA_S5360_DDLK2.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_S5360_DDLK1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_S5360_ODDLK1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/010> Odin v.3 engine (ID:10)..
<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/010> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/010> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/010> Transmission Complete..
<ID:0/010> Now Writing.. Please wait about 2 minutes
<ID:0/010> Receive Response form LOKE
<ID:0/010> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/010> RES OK !!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
Now wait for the 10 minutes to phone to reboot and start normally.
Now you are done.