Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited has launched a new Android based application PTCL Smartlink. PTCL Smartlink is application allows user to send and receive landline calls over Wifi.
PTCL Smartlink has been available by PTCL Developers at October 24, 2014.
What are the benefits of PTCL Smartlink?
PTCL Smartlink makes your mobile set a handsfree, wirefree, mobile. There is no need for wireless handsets as used in previous years. The PTCL Smartlink uses your WiFi connection and allows you to make land line calls from your smartphone. Not only that, you can forward your land line calls to your smartphone through PTCL Smartlink and it also allows you to instant message and video call other SmartLink users. (Some sort of local Pakistani version of Whatsapp).
How to Download and use PTCL Smartlink?
- Download PTCL Smartlink.
- Install the application on your Android Phone and click the “Register” button after opening the PTCL Smartlink.
- Fill in the registration form with your PTCL details, i.e. Name, CNIC, PSTN #, Account ID, email and Cell number.
- If the credentials match, the application would be registered and SmartLink to anywhere calls shall be activated.
- PTCL contact center would call you within 24 hours to validate your Subscription; Alternatively you can call 1236 to get your SmartLink validated.
- The PTCL Smart Link Application Requires 21 MB space on your mobile and the following permissions:
PTCL SmartLink Version 1.0 can access:
Device & app history
read sensitive log data
find accounts on the device
read your own contact card
read your contacts
modify your contacts
read calendar events plus confidential information
add or modify calendar events and send email to guests without owners’ knowledge
precise location (GPS and network-based)
approximate location (network-based)
send SMS messages
read your text messages (SMS or MMS)
edit your text messages (SMS or MMS)
receive text messages (SMS)
receive text messages (MMS)
read call log
write call log
reroute outgoing calls
directly call phone numbers
modify or delete the contents of your USB storage
test access to protected storage
take pictures and videos
Wi-Fi connection information
view Wi-Fi connections
Device ID & call information
read phone status and identity
Access download manager.
receive data from Internet
full network access
view network connections
connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
change network connectivity
modify system settings
prevent device from sleeping
run at startup
use accounts on the device
disable your screen lock
pair with Bluetooth devices
make/receive Internet calls
send sticky broadcast
change your audio settings
set an alarm